The Mark Staehely Pediatric Cancer Foundation is a 501 c 3 non-profit Foundation that strives to promote the vision and ideal of Mark Staehely, and to carry on his legacy of love, compassion, and service.
- To raise funds and awareness for research into new treatments and cures for pediatric cancers, with an emphasis on neuroblastoma.
- To insure continued funding of the Mark Staehely Treasure Chest Program at Lurie Children’s Hospital and Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
- To raise funds for the Mark Staehely Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- To provide assistance, support, and encouragement to children and their families in their greatest time of need.
- To award a yearly scholarship to a young man or woman pursuing a degree in fire science.
- Since starting in 2006 The Mark Staehely Pediatric Cancer Foundation has raised over $750,000 to fight pediatric cancer and to support the children and families that are impacted by the terrible disease.
- 96% of those proceeds have gone right back to fund all of our research, scholarships, and financial assistance programs that are highlighted here.